Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cheers: A Warm Redstripe for your hair

Source
Summertime is coming up and we need something that will not only brighten up our parties but also our dull hair. When we drink to quench our thirst, we should also drink to our hair because after our frolic in the sun our poor hair will be left to suffer and tell the tales. Bet you did not know that you could use beer in your hair? Yes I am not crazy. My mom used to use it in my sister and I hair when we were younger. It was a part of our hair routine/ritual.

How does my hair benefit from the beer?
  • adds sheen and body
  •  adds moisture
  •  softens and strengthens
  •  cleanses your hair
  •  enhances hair growth
How do I use it to achieve results for my hair?
To cleanse and strip hair 
Pour a bottle of warm beer over your hair after shampooing. Leave in for about 15 minute, rinse with lukewarm water, condition and when done you will see shiner hair. Beer's natural ingredients tighten the cuticle of the hair shaft and give hair a beautiful shine.

To add body and condition hair
Mix your beer with one of your essential oil (jojoba oil) and pour it over your hair. Leave it in for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse and condition your hair with the condition of your choice. The vitamin B and natural sugar add body and shine.

To set/style hair
Spray some beer on your hair after shampooing and before styling. It makes your hair look healthy and shiny, and gives blown dried hair increased vitality, resilience, and hold.

 To strengthen hair
The malt in beer contains vitamin B so, when we use the beer in our hair it coats each strand which  repairs damaged hair and increase the overall body of your hair.

NB: Beer will replenish hair and give it vitality, but a healthy diet is essential for healthy hair. Drink plenty of water to help keep hair silky. Eat protein to strengthen hair and stop splitting. Include iron to carry oxygen to hair and zinc to build hair protein. Copper will optimize hair color, and Vitamin A will keep the scalp healthy, while Vitamin B and C will help hair growth and color. For more information on food that contain these vitamins please refer to my blog post"On the Menu for a healthy hair: A balanced diet".



I hope this post was helpful. Thank you for reading. Please remember to subscribe to Jungle Barbie and leave your comments on the blog.
Syn

3 comments:

  1. Via Facebook: Galya Dimitrova I tried it when I was a teenager and yes: it gives the hair volume and shine!!! My cousin Sunny was the one to show me and we had so much fun trying out different hairstyles!!! Thank u Syne for reminding me about this particular usage of beer!!! I might try it again!!!
    6 hours ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Synethia! Quick question; Is it only for the cleansing and the stripping of the hair that you rinse the beer out? For the other uses, do you leave the beer in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the question Mel. The instructions were not clear. I do apologize. You will need to rinse the beer out of your hair and condition except when you use it as a setting or styling lotion.

    ReplyDelete

Simple Head Wrap Style

Happy Thursday Barbies and Kens!!! Today I like to share a wrap style with you. This wrap style is very simple. If your would like to see ...