Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mix up time

Sorry for the late post, was having some problems with blogger. Will upload more pictures when I can. Wow it's the middle of the week. Today is usually the hump in my week but once its over, it smooth sailing into the weekend. I hope you have been enjoying the hairstyles with the scarves series. I'm always trying to come up with new and interesting hair ideas. I like to create therefore this week's series is an enjoyable one for me. Scarves are usually associated with cold months where we use them to keep our neck warm. I like to step outside the fashion norm and push it a few notches up. Ill stop thetalking and go straight into the hairstyle.



These hairstyles may be adapted to any hair type and length. Please do adjust where necessary and let your creative juices flow. Anyhoo, the hairstyle I want to feature is an updo with a little side sweep bang (optional) and a bun created by the scarf to the front of you head. I'm using a long cotton scarf from the Gap for this style. If you have long hair, you want to start off by making a bun at the front of your head. Make sure to take out and create the portion you want for your sweeping bang. Put the scarf over your entire hair making sure the ends are to the side where you made your bun. Tie the scarf and wrap it around the bun then tuck the ends under. For step by step instructions please check out my YouTube video.


This hairstyle again can be casual or dressed up depending on what you choose to wear. I think a few variations may be created from this hairstyle . How would you vary this hairstyle? What do you think about this hairstyle? After winter is over do you put away your scarves until next year? Or do you incorporate them in your spring/summer wardrobe?
Thank you for reading. Please remember to leave your comments on the blog and subscribe if you do  not want to miss another post or update. Until tomorrow, stay fab and be creative.
Peace.
Syn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eyeing Summer With my New Best Friend Items from @ELF Cosmetics

Happy Tuesday Barbies and Kens!!! Summer is almost here and I have a few items to share with you from ELF Cosmetics that will help yo...