Friday, July 1, 2011

How to Mend a Broken Dreadlock


Happy Friday Barbies and Kens. I am happy its the weekend. This weekend will be my birthday and I am excited to meet up with my sister, girlfriends and brother-in-law. Happy Birthday to me. On Monday, I'll show you the hairstyle I wore to my birthday dinner.

How to mend a broken lock will be the theme of today's post. You might be wondering why your locks break. Lock break for numerous reasons; over twisting, the locks were started very thin but as they start growing the hair become too heavy causing the lock to break, weak hair, stress, over exposure to hash weather, dry brittle hair, thinning hair. There are numerous reasons but whatever they are don't panic your lock can be repaired quite easily and you can avoid that dreadful look.

Things you will need
Sewing/hair needle and thread. Make sure to choose a sturdy thread that matches your hair color.

Steps to repairing/mending your broken dreadlock
1) String the needle with a color thread that match your hair.

2) Try to sew the lock in place by lining up the broken dreadlock with the remaining lock and start weaving the needle in and out of the lock. Please be very careful and make sure not to injure yourself.

3) Tie the thread with about two knots close to the dreadlocks and then snip off the excess thread.

4) Palm roll the repaired dreadlock with lock gel or whatever product you use twist your hair so as to lay stray hair over matching thread.

Hope this was helpful. If you have any questions please send me an email at synethiae@gmail.com or leave your question in the comment box below and I will reply to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for reading. Have a great weekend and until Monday, stay fab and be creative.
 Syn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inexpensive Summer Lust Fashion Pieces From Zaful.com

Buy this romper here Happy Monday Barbies and Kens!!! Summer is officially here and there are some fashion items that I am loving. L...