Jungle Barbie: run wild in fashion, beauty, health, hair and style: Question of the Day

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Question of the Day

Hola Barbies and Kens. Today was a cool day and my hair was loving it. Today's post is a response to these 2 questions that I have been asked a lot since the summer began and I thought it would be a great idea to address them together. Here goes the questions;

1) How often should I wash and twist/interlock my locks?
2) How soon after I twist my locks can I go swimming in the beach and or pool?


Question # 1 I have addressed in a recent blog post entitled "Secrets on how to care your Locs". For detailed information please refer to the post. 

How often you wash your hair depends on your hair type whether you have oily/dry hair, scalp condition, how dirty your hair is, the stage of your locks, how easy your hair locks etc. I would say anywhere from 2 weeks to a month. A month would be ideal but some people are affected by various scalp issues if they wait too long to wash their hair they are faced with numerous problems.

How often to twist and interlock
I recommend interelocking your hair every 2 months if that's your method of tightening your roots. Interlocking your hair frequently could result in thinning locks which lead to your locks breaking. I would say here it depends on the strength and thickness of your locks.

As for palm rolling and twisting of the roots, like interlocking, over twisting can lead to thin and breaking locks. If you have very thin locks and worry about breakage, I suggest after washing your hair, separate the new growth and twist them on to your lock very loosely. Recently, I have been washing my hair every month using my apple cider vinegar, tea tree and rosemary oil mix to clean my scalp and prevent itching in between washes.

Question # 2

This was a the question from srbumblediva one of my YouTube viewer; "how long after you retwist would it be safe to go swimming?"

Response
You can go right after you twist your locs or a couple days after because I recommend washing your hair right after you go swimming in the beach or pool. The chlorine and salt will damage your hair and cause it to break. I also recommend a leavein conditioner before you go swimming at the pool or beach.

I hope this answered the questions. Please feel free to send me your emails or comment below if you have any questions or would like to share your experience. Sharing is caring and we can learn from each other.

Thank you for reading. Until next time........
stay fab and be creative.
Syn

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...