Jungle Barbie: run wild in fashion, beauty, health, hair and style: How to deep clean your Locks: Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda

Friday, August 26, 2011

How to deep clean your Locks: Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda

Happy Friday Barbies and Kens. I am so excited it it the weekend this week have been a long and tiring one for me. Even though, the week was horrible I have decided that I will not make my hair suffer so I decided to deep clean my locks. I say this on BronzeGoddess1 YouTube channel and tried it out. Worked on my hair and I would recommend you try it.

The recipe is Baking Soda and apple cider vinegar. All you have to do is combine them and apply the paste to your hair. Let me warn you there will be some fizzing going on but don't be scared everything is okay.


This is the mixture on my hair. I kept it in for 10 minutes but I think you can keep it in longer depending on how much build up you have. I rinse out the mixture with warm water and then shampoo with my Dr. Bonners Tea Tree Shampoo followed by Shea Moisture Black Soap Shampoo. It is best to use a clarifying shampoo as it helps to further strip the build up from your hair.

PS: Apply the mixture to your dry hair.  When rinsing you will notice all the build up coming from your hair. This is also good for natural hair in it's loose form.





This is my hair after I did the deep clean. I usually do a strip using only apple cider vinegar but this is very new to me and I think I will be adding it to my hair routine maybe every 2 months. The reason for the time frame is that my locks are very small so I have to be extra careful not to strip away all the natural moisture. See the video for this post below:
 Let me know your thoughts Barbies and Kens. Have a wonderful and safe weekend. Thank you for reading. Until Monday, stay fab and be creative.
Love & Peace
Syn

8 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I may give this a try on my sisterlocks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worked wonders for my locks.I could see all the build up in the sink when I was rinsing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have locks but can I use this for my natural hair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this! I tried it on my daughter's locs, but the baking soda left quite a build-up even though I didn't use much--arghh! No worries though, I started using just the ACV in her hair, and it's working.

    Also, I came across your fabulous loc vid on youtube (the roll-n-tuck with the flower at the side), and I'm trying it for an event I have tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out, but I wanted to send a fellow-Jamaican my gratitude for the loc-spiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think this could be done on hair that is not fully loced? I'm a little over 5 months but have noticed the locs in the back row have some lint inside that i want to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not mention that this is good for natural hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Execumama you have to use Apple Cider vinegar with the baking soda to make a paste then apply it to your locks. I use the ACV rinse too and it work wonders.I will post the video for this post soon so you can see what the texture of the mixture.

    Thank you girl for the love shown. Good luck with the style and let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes you could use it on your locks if they are in the baby stage. Another alternative is to just use the Apple Cider Vinegar alone. Spray it on your hair and leave it in for a 15 to 20 minutes or more depending on your build up. Try to use a silk scarf to tie you hair at nights.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...