Tuesday, August 9, 2011

pLAIT mE cHIc

 Hello Barbies and Kens!!!!!!!! How was your weekend? Hope you all had fun. As I showed you on Friday in my post, I am wearing plaits which I am using as a protective hairstyle. Styling plaits can be a little difficult because they are bulky and are less resistant to pins. It is best to use hairpins as bobby pins are a little cumbersome.
 The hairstyle I choose to wear was very simple as I was just going to get my nails done. To create my hairstyle, I sectioned my hair in two parts.
The back portion was bigger than the front. I then took hair from both sides and tied them at the back. If your hair is not long enough to tie the by all means you may use rubber bands. I did about four ties making sure that each one is tied over the other to reduce the use of pins.
At the end, I held it in place with rubber bands, tuck it under and fasten with a few pins.
The front portion is basically a french braid and at the end I used a rubber band to hold the loose ends, tuck it under and hold in place with pins.
 I tried to think of a cute hairstyle and the hair techniques that would go well with plaits. I am trying to show my Barbies and Kens that you can style your locs outside of the conventional box.What do you think of the hairstyle? Is it a hairstyle you would wear?
 I completed my hairstyle by wearing a Gap V neck tee, hollister skinny jeans, gap jelly beans and button earrings from Anap. Sorry that I was not able to photographed my pants, shoes and bag. The computer I used did not have a timer so it was impossible. Anyhoo, I was happy that I could get a post out to you guys.
ster skinny jeans, gap jelly beans and button earrings from Anap. Sorry that I was not able to photographed my pants, shoes and bag. The computer I used did not have a timer so it was impossible. Anyhoo, I was happy that I could get a post out to you guys.
I will be posting my blog give a way for my 50+ subscribers this week so please keep an eye out for that. Thank you for reading. Please remember to leave your comments below and subscribe to get trendy hairstyles and useful hair care  ideas. And as always stay fab and be creative.
Peace.
Syn

7 comments:

  1. Wonderfully, cute look. How long would you recommend someone keep the plaits in as a protective style? Also, how do you combat the itches that seem to go hand in hand with plaits or styles which reveal a great deal of scalp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The ideal time I recommend is about 3 to 5 days. You can mix tea tree oil, peppermint oil with apple cider vinegar and spray it on your scalp. These act as antiseptics that cleanses the scalp. You may use only one or all. You can also mix the oils with water in a spray bottle and apply it to your hair each day or 3 times a week. Hope this helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may also do rosemary spritz. I use this a lot too. To make it all you have to do is add a few drops of the oil with water in a spray bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you also style your plaits. When I braid my hair, I usually just tie it back, but I think I will try more styles now =) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Miss Mary Mack, you are welcome. There are so many hairstyles we can do with our locks. Let me know how the style worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your locs! I am loced as well, im also your newest follower you can follow back at: tristascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Welcome to my blog ad I hope you find lots of useful stuff here. I'll check out your blog an follow you.

      Delete

🌸 Spring Clean Your Brushes with ELF Cleanser Wipes & New Brushes

Happy Hump day Barbies and Kens!!!! Today, I want to share some new brushes I received from ELF Cosmetics . Spring is here and I would sug...