Things you MUST do
- Switch your hair routine and products.
- Use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
- Do lots of protective hairstyles.
- Rinse with cold or lukewarm water this lock in the moisture and your hair will dry out less quickly.
- Use a silk or satin scarf to tie your hair especially when you are going outside, to bed or wearing a moisture pulling material on your head. Such material includes wool.
- Try using a dry shampoo or other methods to dry clean your hair. There are many such products on the market so, read the ingredients carefully before making your selection.
- Wear a headgear to protect your hair from the cold and wind.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.
- Air dry your hair or on a cool setting if you decide to use a dryer. Just like the cool water, the cool air will also sustain hair moisture.
- I know you might be saying "HELL NO" but try to limit the amount of times you wash your hair per month. Remember there are a few methods that you may use to clean your hair without applying water and shampoo.
- Use leave-in conditioners with natural ingredients. Avoid ingredients such as sodium laurel sulfate, mineral oil and petrolatum. If you see products containing these don't buy them because these ingredients cause your hair to get extra dry.
- Do regular hot oil treatments. You may see a homemade recipe here.
Things you must NOT do
- Do not use clarifying shampoo and conditioners because they strip your hair of it's natural moisture.
- Avoid wearing moisture puling head gears. If you do line the head gear with a silk or satin scarf.
- Do not go outside when your hair is wet it may freeze and break.
- Limit the use of "HOT" items like (blow) dryers and curling irons.
- Avoid washing your hair with hot water use lukewarm or cool water instead.
- Do not sleep with your hair wet. I'm a culprit of this. Sleeping with your hair wet can make you sick as well it can damage the ends of your hair especially if you have natural in it's loose state or even processed hair.
Thank you for reading. Please remember to follow Jungle Barbie to get trendy hairstyles and useful hair tips. Until tomorrow, stay fab and be creative.