Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lock Extensions

Today's post is about lock extensions. I have been getting lots of questions about how I started my locks and what I recommend for someone who wants to get locks. I started with lock extensions not the kind shown here. What I had was the regular braids with the rasta braids. The above method is really good because it is a great camouflage of the actual locks.

Who is this good for?
  • If you want to have your locks very neat and want to skip the messy baby phase? then, this is for you.
  • If you are unsure as to whether you want to go ahead with locking your hair you can war this hairstyle temporarily. If you don't like it then, you can always remove it and have your hair to sport.
  • If you have broken locks and wan to mend them this is also great for that too.
  • If you want to add length to your locks then you may add extensions to the end using this method.
Is this something that you would do to your hair? When or why would you use it?

Here is a video that will answer a few more of your questions.
 Hope the above video was helpful. Please leave your comments in the box below and subscribe to get trendy hairstyles and useful hair tips.
 Until tomorrow, stay fab and be creative.

5 comments:

  1. I I LOVE YOUR LOCS..I HAVE LOCS AND JUST ADD LOC EXTENSION TO MY LOCS DUE TO THINNING AND NOW I THINK THERE TO THICK AND I FEEL LIKE I CANT DO ANYTHING WITH THEM BESIDES CURLS ..AND YOUR'S ARE THE PERFECT SIZE.SO WHAT ARE RASTA BRAIDS AND WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliments. You can remove the lock extensions. I would suggest removing them, doing it thinner and use human hair. That is if you want to keep them and need a short term solution for your hair.

    Rasta braids are either natural or synthetic hair that is braided into your hair from the root. I think you will need this if you cut your hair off completely and start over from scratch.

    Which part(s) of your hair is suffering from thinning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE BASE...I HAVE AFRO KINKY HAIR HUMAN HAIR...I WANT TO HAVE THE LOC EXTENSIONS LONG TERM...DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN SEE A PICTURE OF THE RASTA BRAIDS OR A VIDEO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. If you go to this website http://www.jusnatural.com/styles hairstyle #1 is a picture of the rasta braids. As you can see it versatile and can be styled. I had that braids in but mine was a bit smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Question did you cut your rasta braids out at a certain point and just retwisted your natural hair growing in?

    ReplyDelete

Simple Head Wrap Style

Happy Thursday Barbies and Kens!!! Today I like to share a wrap style with you. This wrap style is very simple. If your would like to see ...