Monday, October 31, 2011

Jungle Barbie in the Press: TheGrio.com

Happy Monday Barbies and Kens. I sure did have a great  weekend. How was yours?

A few days ago, I was contacted by Starr one of the writer/editor for  thegrio.com to do an interview for an article on their website. The point of the article is to try to show people dynamic women with locs who refuse to be defined by other people and eaten alive by their ignorant misconceptions. After hearing what the article was about I accepted and did the interview.

On Saturday October 29, 2011, the article entitled "Ladies are you ready for the "locs" Revolution?" was posted on thegrio.com website. It is a very interesting article which covers a wide range of topics affecting lock wearers. I was so happy to be a part of the selected lock bloggers and vlogers who got the chance to share their experiences and knowledge. Please do read the entire article here and do comment adding your own experiences as well. I want to say a big thank you to Starr and I hope that through this interview we would have enlightened many who have been misguided.

Thank you for reading. Very soon I'll be having my 100+ Barbie friends giveaway on my blog. I am currently putting the prizes together. Remember to qualify to win one of the prizes, you must be a Jungle Barbie friend so, if you are not go ahead and do so now because the prizes are fabulous. Until tomorrow, stay fab and be creative.
Peace,
Synethia

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for participating Synethia! Despite some of the negative comments, I have been getting a lot of good feedback and thank yous from other loc rockers so we're making good progress. Keep shining chica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. It was my pleasure.

      Delete

Corn row on Medium Length Locs

I have been experimenting with my locs ever since I cut them. For this summer, I want to do as many funky styles as possible and today I w...