Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Question of the Day: Hairline Thinning
This a question that I get asked a lot. How do I prevent my edges from thinning? Or how do I make the hair around my edges get thick after they have thinned out?
There are numerous factors that can contribute to your edges thinning. Before solving the problem, you need to know the cause. Here are few of the most common reasons your hair line will go thin:
1) putting your hair in a tight ponytail or bun. When your hair is too tight, it pulls on your hair line and removes the hair follicles which in turn causes your hair to fall out hence the thinning look. I recommend doing protective twists or pin up instead of ponytails or buns.
2) braiding or plaiting your your hair too tight. When you do these hairstyles make sure that it is not too tight. As I mentioned above, if you are looking for a protective hairstyle, do twists over plaiting or braiding.You may also do loose pin ups which can also be stylish depending on how you do it.
3) stressing over whatever. Stressing about a situation, someone or whatever doesn't help. The repercussions can be quite devastating.
4) lacking proper nutrition. Nutrition plays a very important role in the growth of our hair whether we want to believe it or not. Lacking iron and vitamin E may cause your hair to fallout. If you can't eat foods rich in iron or vitamin E, then by all means try to take supplements. I do not like taking supplements, so I try to eat as healthy as possible. To get more information on the foods that promote hair growth and those to prevent hair thinning, check out the following post.
What I do when my hairline is thinning
1) Use Jamaican Castor oil, tea tree, peppermint, rosemary oils. Massage these into the area to increase the blood circulation. Increase blood circulation will lead to an increase in hair growth.
2) Use Groganics. You can purchase it here. Whenever my edges are thinning from doing too many hairstyles and videos, this is my quick hair fix or my edges along with my Castor oil. This is a growth formula that promotes growth, increase blood circulation. Penetrate follicles and strengthen roots.
When you edges are thinning what co you do to bring them back? Please leave your comments in the box below.
Thank you for reading. Please remember if you have any questions, you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Until tomorrow, stay fab and be creative.