Jungle Barbie: run wild in fashion, beauty, health, hair and style: Having a Solange Hair Moment

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Having a Solange Hair Moment

Hey Barbies and Kens, yesterday I was having one of those days when I just wanted to cover my hair. So, I wore one of my neck scarfs as a turban. The wrap was pretty simple to do and took about a minute or so to do.
 During the colder months, I try to find creative ways of wearing head pieces in an attempt to keep my hair warm while being stylish, fashionable and chic at the same time. I will be sharing a few of these looks with you as they might be helpful.





How do you keep your hair warm  during the colder months? What are some ways you wear your head scarfs?
As I mentioned above, I wanted a creative way to wear my headscarf as well as my outfit. I wanted to be casual yet edgy with a touch of sexiness without showing too much.
I wore this grey Wetseal sweater which I got as a present from my sister 3 or 4 years ago with a dark blue high waisted skinny jeans from DKNY.
I paired the outfit with my Louis Vuitton speedy and a pair of Zara platform boots.
My outfit was completed with  some vintage beaded necklace, large gem ring from Mango and a pair of self-made Basketball Wives inspired crystal hoops.
I thought my look would be super fly with very simple black eyes so I added some black eyeshadow form Mary Kay as an eyeliner to my upper lid as well as my waterline. To complete my makeup, I am wearing Black Opal Finishing powder in the color Dark, Milani Dolce Pink blush, Revlon light pink lipstick and Forever21 Bronzer. With bright colored headwraps you want to keep your makeup as simple as possible letting the wrap be the focal point.
What do you think of my completed look? Hot or Hmmmm?
Thank you for reading. Remember that my Loc jewelry giveaway is going on. If you are interested in entering view the rules and pieces here.
For step by step instructions for this head wrap you may view the video below.
Until tomorrow, stay fab and be creative.
Syn

2 comments:

  1. I love the look, I just need your abs to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Yveline, thank you. I wish there was a way I could give them to you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...