I find that scrubbing your scalp after washing your hair helps to reduce the dryness as well as remove build up and dry scalp. You might be saying "how's that possible?" just as with scrubbing your skin, you remove the dead skin to promote the growth of healthy supple skin its the same with your scalp. Scrubbing gets rid of the dry scalp to pave the way for clean hair follicles which in turn will lead to healthy hair growth.
Sea Salt & coconut oil hair scrub
Things you will need
- Container to combine your ingredients.
- Organic coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Tea tree oil/rosemary oil
- Put 15 tablespoons sea salt in the container.
- Add 15 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Add 1spoon tea tree/ rosemary oil
- Combine the mixture until the salt is moist and slightly runny.
- Shampoo your hair as usual.
- Take the mixture and apply it to your scalp.
- Massage the product into your scalp. You can do a scrubbing motion but you want to be careful you don't scrub away too much of your scalp leading to sores.
- Rinse out with lukewarm or cold water.
- Shampoo again.
- Make sure you use a hydrating conditioner because the sea salt when combined with water makes your hair dry because the combination is denser than normal water.
- Style as usual.
I recommended a honey scrub before which is great as well. To see the receipt for this one view it here.
Do you scrub your scalp? How often? What do you use?
Hope this was helpful. If you try this please let me know how it worked for you. Thank you for reading. Please remember to subscribe to get trendy hairstyles and useful hair care tips. Until tomorrow stay fab and be creative.