Thursday, February 9, 2012

Question of the Day: My ends are breaking

Don't remember where I got this picture.
Have been getting this question a lot so I thought it would be helpful to address it in the Question of the Day. The question is "My ends are breaking, what should I do?"
Whether you have locks, natural hair in it's loose state or perm, your ends are usually the oldest and the weakest. They have to be treated with extra care and given a lot of attention to maintain healthy hair as well as for length retention.

What should I do?
Usually with locks your ends break because they are dry. To combat breaking, all you have to do is add more moisture to your hair routine or add more moisture rich products. I usually use natural oils to moisturize from the root to the ends. I pay the same amount of attention to both ends and roots if not more to the ends. See my complete moisture routine here.

There are also lots of products on the market that cater to weak and brittle ends. These products are also great to prevent or reduce breakage. For example Shea Moisture Thickening and Growth Milk and African Pride Olive Miracle Anti-Breakage Formula.
Source

Source
The latter, I recently started using it. I usually don't use these products in my hair but got this as a gift from African Pride and want to try it so I can give you guys options for great hair products.

How should you use these products?
1) Moisturise with oil(s) of your choice. I usually use coconut, Castor, tea tree and rosemary combo. Make sure you do both roots and ends.

2) Use any of the 2 products mentioned above from the roots to the ends as well. These products will help to seal the moisture in your hair. If you don't have any of these products don't worry use the oils and then wet a towel under warm water and put it over your hair. This will also help to seal the moisture in. This is the method I usually use.

3) Do your protective hairstyle and tie your hair with your silk head tie.

PS: This process works better at nights because your hair have a longer time to absorb the moisture.

Hope this was helpful. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section or email Jungle Barbie at synethiae@gmail.com.

Thank you for reading. Please remember to subscribe to get trendy hairstyles and useful haircare tips.
Until tomorrow, stay fab and creative.
Love,
Syn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inexpensive Summer Lust Fashion Pieces From Zaful.com

Buy this romper here Happy Monday Barbies and Kens!!! Summer is officially here and there are some fashion items that I am loving. L...