Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lock 101 Series #3: What do you do in between washes?

The first thing I can say is do not put too much product on your hair after you wash it. Tighten your roots with the gel of your choice. I often use the Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist gel because it is moisturizing and flake free. You may ask  how do I get added moisturize to my hair? The answer is, I use natural oils and a warm towel to wrap my hair to seal in the moisture. For the complete post on how I moisturize my here click here.

If you sweat a lot in your hair you may want to invest in a dry shampoo, natural oils and apple cider vinegar. You can also make your own dry shampoo at home. I will be having a post on how I make my dry shampoo soon.

1) Allow your hair to breath. From time to time wear your hair down so that air can pass through it.

2) Make sure your hair is properly dried. I recommend air drying because more moisture is retained as well as the strength of your hair.

3) You may also use oils to cleanse your scalp. Rosemary, peppermint and tea tree oils are very good oils as they are antiseptics. Add a few drops of one of these oils to apple cider vinegar and spray the mixture to the scalp it works like a charm. This will help with dry scalp, flaking, dandruff, itching, build up and sheen.

These are just a few things that I do in between washing my hair. What are some of the things you do in between washing your hair?

Thank you for reading. Remember to be a Barbie friend to get trendy hairstyle and useful hair care tips. Until tomorrow, stay fab and be creative.
XOXO
Syn

5 comments:

  1. Great tips!! I currently do not do anything in between washes and my scalp has a tendency to get dry and flacky so I wash every week, but I will try to use some of the tips you have listed here. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't wash every week because I hair don't lock that fast. I have very soft frizzy and fine hair.

      Delete
  2. Great advice!


    In between washes I use witch hazel to clean my scalp... i don't really use dry shampoo it leaves flakes and if you are going to shampoo just wash your hair. I always use essential oils such as peppermint, sweet almond, and vitamin e oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hey girl my dry shampoo consists of most of the products you listed.

      Delete
  3. Weft hair extensions
    If you perspire a lot in your tresses you may want to get a dry products, sebum and therapy. You can also create your own dry products at house. I will be having a publish on how I create my dry products soon.

    ReplyDelete

RoseGal Haul 2017 Swimsuits

Happy Monday Barbies and Kens!!!! Hope you are doing well and hope the weather is as nice where you are as where I am. The current weather...