Lock 101 Series #6: Wax no Axe that

Source
Beeswax, should I use it on my locks? Should I? It's all natural, why not? I know everybody have a different view on using beeswax on their locks. From my experience, even though something is all natural doesn't mean it can't be harmful. Beeswax is one such substance. Click here to read up more about the production of beeswax.

Anyhoo, lets talk why beeswax is not good for locks and viable alternatives.  Bee wax tend to build up on locks especially at the base. After prolong use, it is possible to bottle and sell all that buildup wax on your locks. Bee wax is water proof and is very difficult to washout of your hair. Water at a very high temperature is needed to remove it completely from your locks. If after using bee wax you notice this, I recommend stop using it and seek a viable alternative to re twist and groom your locks. A very good gel is the Organic Root Stimulator lock and twist gel. It is lightweight and will not leave residue on your hair. There are also natural hair products on the market with their main ingredients being bee wax. Try to avoid such products as well because in most cases they have the same effect as bee wax. All they do is leave your hair looking dull and unhealthy.

I have heard this many times and fell victim to it in my early lock stages, "Bee wax enhance lock growth". I think this is not true it retards your growth. Usually the wax build up on your hair especially around the hair shafts and roots which leads to clogged hair follicles which in turn slows down the growth of your hair. Remember, to promote healthy growing hair we need clear hair shafts.

OH NO!!!! My hair is doomed!!!!! Don't be startled, thinking that your hair is doomed and cannot return to it normal healthy shiny state. It can, all you need is to do the AVC rinse a couple of times and you will see a drastic change. All the sticky oily residue will just melt from your locks.

Hope this was helpful and made you see why I said,  "BEESWAX?  NO AXE THAT"

Have you ever used bee wax on your locks? What was your experience? How did you deal with it? What advice would you give someone who wants to consider using beewax?

Looking forward to hearing  and reading your comments.

Thank you for watching. Remember if you have a question, want to share a hairstyle you did, email Jungle Barbie at synethiae@gmail.com. Until tomorrow, stay fab and be creative.
XOXO,
Syn

Comments

  1. Hey jungle Barbie I am guilty of using beeswax and the reason for that is because that's the only thing that holds my twist together. I have noticed the build up but nothing else seems to hold my hair like beeswax. ..and I am really trying to get away from using it....any
    suggestions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of us are. We use it in the beginning stage of our locks. I stopped using it for the same reason. What I can recommend is a moisturizing gel with a firm hold. The Ecostyler Olive Oil gel could be an alternative to the wax. I just use the Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel and it works perfect for me. If you try the gel let me know how it worked for you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Groganics DHT Blocker System Hair Gro-n- Wild

Riding Half High (Bun Life)

Simple Summer Protective Loc Hairstyle Tutorial Ft. TGIN Moisture Products