Monday, May 21, 2012

One Love from Jungle Barbie

Happy Monday Barbies and Kens. I had a wonderful weekend at the One Love Jamaica Festival here in Tokyo Japan. 

Rasta Dog

Hope you all had a great weekend as well. In today's blog post, I will showcase the hairstyle and outfit I wore to the festival. 
I washed my hair on Saturday and of course you guessed correctly, I did my protective 2 strand twists. I will have a tutorial on how I do the twists in Wednesday's blog post. I wanted an up do because I know I was going to be outside and even though it was a little cool, with the sun out and my hair down I know I would be hot hot hot. This hairstyle is what I came up with and wore. 
I have 2 rolls at the back coming to the front where I use my hair to tie a ponytail. I then placed the remaining hair in different directions and tuck them under. This hairstyle can be a pinless up do depending on your hair length.
I have been getting lots of questions about my makeup and will give you a brief summary of how I do this look. The most important thing is to have a very good palette to work with. With that said, I like to make sure that my face is cleansed,moisturized and primed especially when it's hot. A face primer helps with the longivity of your makeup. Soon, I will be doing a post on how to treat acne and how to get rid of acne scaring and spots.
Anyhoo, I started off by using Mac Strobe cream as my primer then, I  used L'oreal Age Rewind foundation in the colour cocoa (I used a make up sponge to apply my foundation as it gives me a natural airbrush effect) and to set my foundation, I used Black Opal finishing powder in dark. Because it was a day event and I was going to be outside in the sun I wanted a very fresh effortless look. To complete the rest of my face I defined my eyebrows using Mary kay concealer in bronze 2 (same as my skin color). Having great shapely eyebrow makes your face look brighter hence it is very important. I used a green liner on my water line to tie in with my outfit and Wet nWild pearlescent pink blush on my cheeks. This blush is very subtle with some gold shimmers which is perfect for an effortless day look. Finally, I added some mascara to my top and bottom lashes and lipgloss.
As for my outfit I wanted to wear the colors of the Jamaican flag without looking like it so, I wore a pair of green H&M high wasted skinny pants, button down tie front tee from Zara, black tassel sandals from the GAP, 
black button earrings from ANAP, 


bangle stacks from Salvatore Ferragamo, Gucci watch, large black stone ring from Mango
and Long Champ bag. Loved this outfit because it was very inexpensive and on trend.
Thank you for reading. Remember to become a Jungle Barbie friend if you would like to get trendy hairstyles, hair are tips, fashion ideas and fitness tips.
Until tomorrow, stay fab and be creative.
XOXO
Syn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Corn row on Medium Length Locs

I have been experimenting with my locs ever since I cut them. For this summer, I want to do as many funky styles as possible and today I w...