I have been asked this question very often and thought I would do a post on it. The question is "What is a protective hairstyle?"
"A protective hairstyle is basically a hairstyle that protects and keeps your ends from getting damaged".
This can be done by wearing one of the many protective styles that are available.
Do you wear Protective Style? How often?
Benefits of a Protective hairstyles
- Protects your ends from sun, wind and friction.
- Locks in moisture.
- Prevents split ends and breakage.
- Puts less stress on your hair from styling.
- Promotes hair growth.
- Helps with the longevity of your elders your ends.
Type of protective hairstyles
- Two strand twists
- Bantu knots
- Buns and tucks
What's your favorite protective style? Do you find them to be useful? Why? Why not?
- Choose a style that is suitable for your hair length as well as one that is not too tight on your scalp and edges.
- Keep your protective hairstyle in for tops 2 weeks.
- Moisturize your hair if needed while you have in your protective hairstyle.
- Show your hair some love even though it is in a protective style.
- Rotate your protective styling. This is not very very important however some styles are a little more gentler on your hair and scalp so rotating can help with the reduction of stress.
- Do not keep your style in for more than 2 weeks.
- Do not neglect your hair.
- Do not pull your hair too tight.
What are your protective styling do's and don'ts?
Hope this was helpful. Thank you for reading. Please remember to become a Barbie Friend to get trendy hairstyles and useful hair care tips.
Until tomorrow, stay fab and be creative.