Thursday, May 24, 2012

Question of the Day: What Shampoos do you recommend for Locks?

Since doing the post on the deep conditioner recommendations, I have gotten asked to do one for shampoos. I have 5 that I absolutely love and use on a regular basis. Apart from being moisturizing, these shampoos are inexpensive and can be purchased in your local drugstores.


1) Dr. Bonner's Tea Tree Shampoo
Source
The first recommendation and my all time favourite is the Dr. Bonner's Tea Tree shampoo. I like this shampoo because it leaves my hair squeaky clean and moisturized.  You get 32 oz of product for about $18. You will get many washes from this shampoo because it takes a small amount to lather and cleanse your hair.

2) Dr. Bonner's Peppermint Shampoo

Source
The other shampoo is from Dr. Bonner's as well and I love love this one too. It's basically the same as the Tea Tree Shampoo the only difference is the smell.

3) Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

Source

This shampoo is also another favourite of mine. I did an in depth review here on my blog. You may read entire review here.

4) Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Source
This shampoo reminds me of a Clarifying shampoo. If moisture is what you seek, this is not the shampoo for you. I find that it cleanses well and takes out any build up but leave my hair a little dry and coarse so, I like to use it in conjunction with any of the other 4 shampoos I mentioned. You can purchase the  Shea Moisture Line at Walgreens and Target for  $9.99 a  bottle.

5) Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo

The final Shampoo is the Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo. I also did an in depth review of this shampoo which you may watch below.
I hope this was helpful and gave you some insights on some of the options you have available to you when it comes on to shampoos for locks.
Thank you for reading. For trendy hairstyles, useful haircare tips, fashion ideas and health tips become a Jungle Barbie friend. Until tomorrow, stay fab and be creative.
XOXO,
Syn


2 comments:

  1. I love the Dr. Bronner's shampoo. It gets my hair squeeky clean!! Thanks for the suggestions!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Simple Head Wrap Style

Happy Thursday Barbies and Kens!!! Today I like to share a wrap style with you. This wrap style is very simple. If your would like to see ...