Jungle Barbie: run wild in fashion, beauty, health, hair and style: Lock Styling 101 Series #7: How to moisturize your locks

Friday, June 8, 2012

Lock Styling 101 Series #7: How to moisturize your locks


Moisture is very important in maintaining healthy hair. Most people use natural oils to moisturize their hair without realizing that oil alone do not moisturize our locks/hair instead nourish them. What it does is coat the outside of the locks and make it appear shiny not moisturized.

How should I moisturize my locks?
And the answer is....... use a hair moisturizer first (I use the Mango and Lime No more itch Gro Spray and/or the Shea Moisture Thickening Growth Milk) and then use natural oils. This will help to seal in the moisture in your hair. The best oils to use are coconut oils and jojoba oil. Also try to avoid moisturizers with petrolatum or mineral oils. These ingredients work against your hair and seal out the moisture from your hair.

NB: Any water based moisturizer will work once it do not contain the 2 ingredients I mentioned above.

Hope this was helpful. If you have any questions or queries, remember you can leave them below this post or email Jungle Barbie at synethiae@gmail.com, through facebook or twitter. Have a great weekend. Until Monday, stay fab and be creative.
XOXO,
Syn

2 comments:

  1. how often should you moisturize your locs?l have such a hard time with my locs being dry? also do u spray with water before applying moisturizer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do once or twice a weeks more depending on the look and feel of my hair. I usually use the oils and then wrap my hair with a wet towel.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...