Jungle Barbie: run wild in fashion, beauty, health, hair and style: Question of the Day: What items/products should I take for my locks when I am going vacationing?

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Question of the Day: What items/products should I take for my locks when I am going vacationing?

I was asked this question by one of my Youtube subscriber and thought it would be beneficial to share it on my blog as well. Surprisingly, when I am going on vacation my hair is not top priority for me. With that said, it doesn't mean that I don't take time to make sure it stays healthy and look fly.

Here are a few things that's necessary for locks when going on vacation;
1) Oil/Moisturizer
When you are in a new climatic region or environment, your hair can sometimes react to such environment. In most cases your hair loose moisture. Usually it is helpful to have some form of moisture to replenish your hair. I find that this helps to bring back life and luster to your hair.

2) Silk Scarf
Protection of your hair is equally as important as supplying it with moisture. I think that you should never sleep on your hair without covering it. Sleeping on your hair without a head tie can cause your hair to break, get dry etc. So sleeping with a head tie is a must for me.

3) Rubber bands/hair ties
These will help you create quick, easy and cute hairstyles. If you would like to find such hairstyles, you may checkout my YouTube channel.

4) Hairpins
As with rubber bands and hair ties, hairpins will help you to create chic hairstyles. On a daily basis these are somethings I always take even if I don't need them.

5) Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner
These may not come in handy during your vacation because of various reasons. You may be staying for a couple of day, you might not be swimming to name a few. If you are planning on swimming, I would recommend getting your locks interlocked before gong. This will help your hair look neater and reduce the hassle with your hair. After swimming please wash your hair with shampoo and make sure to use conditioner as your hair really needs it.  To read more on how to care for your hair when you go swimming click here.

6) Gel/Edge control
These products will help with the overall neatness of your hair and make your hairstyle look complete. I recommend the Organic Root Stimulator Edge Control as it moisturize as well as sleek down your edges.

What products do you take for your locks when you go on vacation? Do you give it any thought? Looking forward to hearing your answers. 

Disclaimer: This is not an exhaustive list. You can take anything you think will help you to maintain the health and look of your locks. This is just what I have been traveling with and find that I tend to use them all on a regular basis.

Thank you for reading. Please remember if you have any questions, queries and or concerns, you may email Jungle Barbie at synethiae@gmail.com or leave a comment in the comment box. Until tomorrow, stay fab and be creative.
XOXO,
Syn

2 comments:

  1. Great post! (I was the one who asked this question..lol). Next time I go on a cruise I will get my hair interlocked before going. With swimming all day then trying to look nice for dinner each night it can get hard to maintain my locs. I am not willing to sacrifice the swimming and beach for the sake of my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the uestion Dear. I knw it was helpful to my blg readers. I would rather sacrifice swimming. I don't lie going to the pool or beach to swim.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...