SO, I have small-medium sized locks. The are in their 7th month and starting to mature but they are very hard. Is there any way to prevent my locks from getting hard or is it just destined to be hard based on my kinky 4b hair texture?
Locks should never be hard and stiff. They should be;
a) tightly coiled yet flexible.
b) able to bend and mold quite easily.
The thicker the locks the less flexible they are however they should not be hard and stiff. Hardening of the locks could be as a result of;
1) Build up from products used
2) hard water. Read more about hard water here
3) too much wax
4) exposure to too much chlorine
How to loosen up hard locks
1) AVC rinse or bentonite clay mask. Read more about the benefits and application here
2) Regular hot oil and deep conditioner treatments
3) Use moisturizing hair products
Hope this answered the question. If you have any question, queries or concerns, please leave them in the comment box below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.