Jungle Barbie: run wild in fashion, beauty, health, hair and style: Work Penciled in Sophistication

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Work Penciled in Sophistication

Today's post is a request from one of my blog readers. She is a working mom and asked for me to do a simple, quick, sophisticated and chic work look (hair, makeup and outfit).
I think an updo would be perfect as it is very effortless and is suitable for almost all face shape. I put a spin on the cinnabun by doing it to the side instead of at the crown or middle of the head.
Here are a few more picture of the hairstyle.
As for the makeup I did a very light makeup by using my Black Opal finishing powder and played up the eyes. I did a light highlight under the brow bone, tight lined the upper lash line with black eyeliner, lined the water line with black as well, blue liner for some color and wispy lashes to complete the face. I also lightly dusted some blush on the apples of my cheeks and dragged it along my cheekbone. Finished off the facial look by using a NYX lipliner to add a light hint of color to the lips and added some gloss on top.
On to the outfit, I paired the hairstyle with a pencil dress from Forever21. I think pencil dresses or skirt adds some sophistication to your work look.
For work you don't want to do too much accessories so, I am wearing a collar from Mango, Citizen watch and Forever21 stud earrings.
I love to accentuate my waist so I added a teal skinny belt from Steve Madden. A work look is not completed without a nice hand bag and some fab shoes.
So, I paired my look with this black tote from Zara and these pointed pumps from Bandolino.
What's your go to outfit and hairstyle for an effortless chic sophisticated work look?
Thank you for reading. If you have any request please leave them in the comment box and or email Jungle Barbie at synethiae@gmail.com. Until tomorrow, stay fab and be creative.
XOXO,
Syn

6 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...