Friday, February 1, 2013

Question of the Day: What natural Hair dye would you recommend?


What Natural Hair Dye do you recommend?
I was asked this question last year and thought I would address it when I actually used the product for myself. The product I am referring to is henna.  It has lots of benefits to the hair apart from adding color.

What is Henna?
It a powder extracted from the leaves of the tropical flowering plant Hina. It is all natural and can be used as fabric dye, hair and skin.

Benefits of Henna
Natural henna

  • helps damaged hair
  • Add shine
  • Add body and strength


Red Henna

  • Great hair conditioner
  • Makes hair thick and strong
  • Makes hair silky


As you may notice from the information above, there are many shades of henna and the benefits and color pay off are different. I used 2 different shade in my client's hair. I used the navy and orange colors.
My client wanted the bottom half of her hair orange so, I added the mixture to the bottom half and added a plastic bag to that section. I added separate bags because I did not want color transfer.

NB: Make sure to add some form o base to the hair line and ears to prevent the henna from staining.


Then I went in with the navy color and a plastic bag. On top of the bags that separate the sections, I added another.
The product was allowed to sit in her hair for 1 hour and 15 minutes. In the end the navy color was visible but the orange was not. Different hair texture and types absorb the dye differently so it will take repeated use to see your desired results. It is also best to do a test on one of your lock before applying the mixture to your hair. This will let you know how long to leave it in and the end result.

Hope this was helpful. Remember if you have a question please leave them in the comment box below or send me an email at synethiae@gmail.com.

Have a great weekend and until Monday, stay fab and be creative.

XOXO,
Syn

2 comments:

  1. I wanna try the indigo. since that is what they have for black. I was gon dye my hair jet black, but i didnt want it to look overly fake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked well in her hair and looked natural. I think you will like it.

      Delete

Simple Head Wrap Style

Happy Thursday Barbies and Kens!!! Today I like to share a wrap style with you. This wrap style is very simple. If your would like to see ...