Friday, February 5, 2016

Color Correction for WOC with Dry Skin

Color correcting is a very helpful step in makeup application. This is especially useful if you have dark circles under your eyes and or dark spots left from acne scarring or hyperpigmentation.

What is Color Correction?

It is the process where you use a coral/orange/peach shade of concealer or color correcting product (primer/brightener) to cancel out the dark area.

There are various makeup companies that make color correcting products. I have tried these and they have worked for me:

Yves Saint Laurant Touche Eclat Neutralizer Bisque (Purchase here and here)
BH Cosmetics 6 Color Concealer and Correct Palette Dark (Purchase here)
Mac Studio Concealer and Correct Palette Medium Deep (Purchase here)
LA Girl Pro (Purchase here)

In this post, I will show you how I used the YSL Touche Eclat Neutralizer in Bisque to cancel my under eye circles.

Products I used to complete the look

Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation R530 Brown (Purchase here)
Mac Mineralized Skin Finish Deep Dark (Purchase here)
Benefit Hoola Bronzer (Purchase here)
Benefit They're Real Mascara (Purchase here)
Nudestix Lip pencil (Not yet released)
Sleek Makeup Blush Aruba (Purchase here)
NYX Eyeliner and Lipliner Dark Brown & Brown (Purchase here and here)
WetnWild Eyebrow Kit Ash Brown (Purchase here)

How do you color correct? What products do you use?

Thank you for reading. If this post was helpful, let me know in the comments below. Until Monday, stay fab and be creative.

XOXO,
JB

5 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic! I was expecting to see white undertones in your final results, but no, it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Benita. I was too but was so surprised when I was finished. It was hydrating and had a glow to it as well.

      Delete
  2. Flawless make-up!

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. new products are the best choice.so that skin will be looks good.Fashion deals at Parramatta

    ReplyDelete

Corn row on Medium Length Locs

I have been experimenting with my locs ever since I cut them. For this summer, I want to do as many funky styles as possible and today I w...